Friday, May 16, 2008

Last post from Mexico

I'm keeping the post title intentionally vague in case we decide to post from somewhere else besides Mexico after this; we'll probably have some more pictures to post anyway.

Julia and I are leaving Playa del Carmen, on the bus headed to the Cancun airport. The stay here was FANTASTIC. After stayiing in hot, sometimes bug-infested rooms, walking into our hotel room in Playa was such a welcome change. Julia booked all of us a great place right in the middle of tourist-central, 5th Avenida. Normally, I try and steer clear of tourist traps, but I was honestly relieved when we walked into the neighborhood from the bus stop. We've kept a packed schedule every day since we began on May 3rd, and so to have nothing to do the past 3 days except to hang out with friends and get plenty of sunshine and beach time was very much needed.

Okay, I need to go. On the plane now and we're getting ready to take off. Pictures and more when we get back.

Marcus

No comments: